Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Bliss of Heaven



This passage is about the bliss of heaven. This is exemplified in the discussion between Moggallana Thera and a goddess.




Moggallana Thera -      Dear Goddess, your heaven is full of priceless gems & jewels. Extraordinary! Magnificent! You can perform miracles as you wish. You’re surrounded by other goddess who are dancing, singing, & entertaining. Dear goddess you are powerful now. What did you do in your human birth to achieve all this happiness in heaven? How did you get here? Your body is shining & the light is reflected everywhere.

(The goddess became extremely happy to hear these praises from Moggallana Thera)

Goddess            -                     I was a human daughter in my past life. I followed the dharma preached                                                       by Lord Buddha. I refrained from killing animal. I refrained from                                                 stealing. I refrained for consuming alcohol. I refrained from lying. I                                                 refrained from promiscuity. My heart was clean & clear when I offered                                                 pooja to Lord Buddha. I have done things to others with all my heart.  

                                  Therefore I got all these powers, riches, resources in my present birth as
                                  goddess. Those are the merits I collected in my human life.

(Kuddaka Nikaya, Wimana waththu (second Pathibbatha wimanaya)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment