Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Suffering in the world of Hades



This passage is about the Preta lokaya (world of loathsome demons). It is a discussion between Moggallana Thera and a Prethi (Female Evil Spirit).



Theranun Wahanse (Bikkhu)   -You are not wearing any clothes. Your body is disfigured and it stinks.                                                 Full of flies. Who are you?


Prethiya                             -I am a female evil spirit (Pretiya) born in yama lokaya (the world of Hades).       I have commited a lot of sin that’s why I am here today like this. I bring up seven children in the morning another seven in the evening as well. Then I eat all these children myself still I am hungry. My stomach is burning out of hunger. It is fuming out of starvation. I am always in fire. No relief!


Theranuwan Wahanse       - What sins have you commited from your body? What is the reason for                                 you to eat human flesh?


Prethiya                            -    I had two sons. Both were well built yougsters. Therefore with their power                            I tried to control my husband too. He was angry with me & He married another woman who later became pregnant. I wanted to take revenge from her and with that bad thought I destroyed her fetus which was three months old. The womb fell off. Then her mother got angry with me . Her relatives all came. She made me swear. She frightened me. I swore terribly and lied. “If I really contributed to this abortion, I will be punished as a woman who eats her own children”. This is the result of karma and lying. Now I eat human flesh filled with blood.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment